By SGN | 20 April 2020
- 1 kg boneless, skinless Chicken Thighs (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons Sambal Oelek
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1 tablespoon Fish Sauce
- -1 tablespoon finely chopped Lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons minced Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- Mix sambal oelek, soy sauce, honey, fish sauce, lemongrass and garlic.
- Add chicken pieces and marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat oil on your pan. Place the chicken (reserve the marinade) and cook for 8-10 minute, while regularly glazing the pan with the marinade.
- 6 deshelled Prawns
- 320g cooked Spaghetti
- 6g chopped Garlic
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 112g Cooking Cream
- 180ml Water
- Laksa Fried Rice Sauce (Prima Taste) *This serves 3 people
- Heat oil on pan on medium heat and add garlic till aromatic. Mix in laksa fried rice sauce and stir-fry for 10 seconds.
- Add water and simmer for 30 seconds till fragrant.
- Add cooking cream, mix well and simmer for 30 seconds. Add prawns and simmer further.
- When prawns are almost cooked, add in cooked spaghetti and flip occasionally until the sauce lightly coats the spaghetti and is slightly thickened.
- 3⁄4 cup Tapioca Flour (plus more for dusting)
- 5 tablespoons + 2 tablespoons Muscovado sugar (or dark brown sugar)
- 1⁄4 cup water Milk
- Combine water and 5 tbsp of brown sugar in a pot and bring it to a boil. Stir occasionally to help the sugar to dissolve.
- Keep the pot on heat while adding about half of the tapioca flour in, stirring constantly until it forms a very sticky dough/paste.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the rest of the tapioca flour, stir about 10 times and pour the mixture onto a working surface. Let the mixture cool till its warm.
- Knead the dough until all flour is incorporated and form it into a ball. Tip: if its too dry, add a little bit of cold water; if it’s too wet, add more flour.
- Form the dough into small balls about 1/3-inch diameter. Coat in a thin layer of flour to prevent sticking.
- Sift dried boba and add into a pot of boiling water (use 10 times the volume of water to the volume of dried boba). Maintain a gentle boil and cook for 12-15 minutes until boba is 90% cooked through. Turn off heat and cover with a lid for 10 minutes.
- Drain boba and rinse with cold water. Mix in 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and let cool.
- Scoop boba into a cup and add milk and brown sugar to taste.