In light of the COVID-19 situation, please stay safe wherever you are. Our priority is to make sure that you are well-supported in this time of uncertainty, wherever you may be. Here’s what you need to know if you’re returning home, based overseas, or if you want to be keep abreast of Singapore’s COVID-19 situation. You may refer to the latest COVID-19 FAQs here for more information, or drop us an email here if you have further queries.
If you’re returning home
Before arrival in Singapore
- Singaporeans and permanent residents (PRs) will always be welcome home, but please take note of Singapore’s latest border control measures.
- All long-term pass holders (LTVPs) will require an entry approval before entering or returning to Singapore from 29 Mar, 11.59pm, submit your application for entry to ICA via email.
- With the exception of Singapore citizens and permanent residents, all travellers must obtain an entry approval to enter Singapore. Approvals can be obtained from the relevant government agencies (e.g. MOE, MOM), or via the application for a Safe Travel pass (details here. Travellers without an entry approval will be denied entry and may have their existing work passes revoked. If unsure which entry lanes and health requirements are applicable to you to enter Singapore depending on your country of departure and traveller type, please click here to find out more.
- Travellers (residents and LTVPs included) must submit their declaration via the SG Arrival Card (SGAC) e-Service.
- For returning pet owners, download Animal & Veterinary Service (AVS) info-pack here or check out the AVS website to find out what you need to do to bring your furry friends home with you!
On Stay-Home-Notice (SHN) and Covid-19 Test
- Depending on the traveller’s travel history, he/she may receive a Stay-Home Notice (SHN) and/or an electronic monitoring device during immigration clearance. To ensure a smooth clearance process, please take note of the requirements and process, and have the necessary documents on hand.
- Travellers should follow the instructions given by the officers at the immigration checkpoints on the allocation of the dedicated SHN facilities. Advance information on these facilities are unavailable due to the dynamic nature of room allocation for dedicated SHN facilities.
- For details on whether you need to serve your SHN, please refer to the updated list here as travel control measures remain fluid.
- If you need alternative accommodation to serve your SHN, or need short-term accommodation after your SHN, you may consider the special rates we’ve negotiated with hotels here.
- For more information, you may contact the SHN helpline at +65 6812 5555.
Upon Arrival in Singapore
- Maintain a record of who you come into close contact with. E.g. Take note of the taxi or private hire vehicle number. Download TraceTogether for better contact tracing efforts if you have a SG number (this can be a friend /parent’s phone number). Please also use SafeEntry for contact tracing purposes.
- Many countries have imposed entry restrictions and border closures. Please refer to the International Air Transport Association (IATA) Travel Centre website when planning your travel routes.
- Continue to keep updated with the latest news resources and public statements below.
If you’re based overseas
- Sign up with us for important updates. For Singaporeans, e-register with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) or find your nearest Singapore embassy for further assistance.
- Catch the latest on the current situation in Singapore on our official Government site or find out the latest case summary here from the Singapore Ministry of Health.
- Subscribe to our official Telegram channel (Tap on “JOIN” to subscribe) or join our regional Telegram chats to get advice and support from those in similar predicaments as you.
- Keep updated with the latest news resources and public statements below.
Information updated as of 9 October 2020, 2:00pm(GMT+8:00)